This past week I was working in Detroit, MI…clearly it was for work, because no one I know willing travels to Detroit! By the end of my four-day trip, I was contemplating what I’d blog about, when someone suggested a list of things I missed…I must have said, “I miss ___” too many times!
Before I get to my list, I want to note that many great things came from my trip too, and regardless, it’s important to always look on the bright side of any situation. So with that, here’s what I cried over while I was gone!
- My bed
- Traveling without armed personnel
- Venturing out freely at any hour in any neighborhood
- Raw vegetables…I swear if I would’ve been offered one more doughnut or cup of coffee I would’ve killed someone!
- Girly clothing…or anything other than tactical worksite gear!
- Comfortable footwear…I would’ve killed (again) for a wedge sandal!
- CrossFit, radio, TV, reading a book on the couch, being able to practice my guitar as my calluses started to dissipate, or 15 minutes to myself to do any of those things!
- Hugs, kisses, and “I love you’s” from Rennick.
- My bed. Wait, did I say that one already?
What are the things you miss most when you travel? I’d love to hear from you, so please list them in the comments below!